aura explains the in-jokes (2)
- Modern’s symbol is a rendition of the lightning bolt from Lighning Bolt — specifically the promo that was given out at in-person MagicFests. At MF, you usually play either Modern or Pioneer, and Bolt is only legal in Modern.
- The Mox silhouettes in the Legacy symbol, placed vertically, are a reference to the gem column in the art of Legacy Weapon, but with the format’s gems of choice rather than the stones of Ramos.
aura explains the in-jokes
- the pennant in the Standard icon is a standard, in the sense of the flag
- the Historic logo is a reference to the Legends expansion symbol; all cards in Legends are legendary (and thus historic)
- All paper Eternal formats have card art reference in their icon
- Pioneer’s symbol is Dampening Sphere, the most played card in the format
Vintage is just the stylized Black Lotus symbol.
~ Science fact ~
Did you know that the fictional game "Baseball" from Star Trek's Deep Space Nine has been adapted to be played in real life?
Of course, there are no real-life Vulcans to play (and lose) against, and the sport is nearly unbearable to watch or play
But some die-hard Trekkies went out there and made it happen anyway!
I say, it sounds like a fun bit of cosplay and silliness. Play ball!
You get back to your apartment. The bar on the ground-floor is crowded and warm. The food is simple but tonight the chef is excited for everyone to try the new dish they’ve been working on.
The service is perfect, the servers are like family, and how can family possibly spoil a meal?
You plop your bag of apples on the bar, people come by and take a few. A few folks are arguing at the end of the bar, but no one pays them much attention.
The person to your right is a butcher, the person to your left is an archaeologist, the local sculptor selects an apple, shining it on a clay-covered smock.
Instruments come out, Shostakovich no.7 in C major, to remember the dead.
The strains of music drift out into the street, the busses and trains, running by. Some folks stay late, some folks leave early, there’s plenty of work to do, but somehow
You live in a small cozy apartment. Your neighbor to the left is a brain surgeon, the neighbor to your right is a fry cook.
Across the hall, the daycare center looks after the kids, it’s usually full of retirees, they get a lot of joy from the children.
You go to work. Your boss, yourself, and the janitor all make the same pay. You work to do a good job. This seems sensible.
After work, you take the train out of town, there are collectives there with fresh veggies and milk. You bring them some canning supplies, and hang out for a bit. You admire their agrarian lifestyle, but you love the city. You leave with a big bag of apples, you try to pay, but they won’t let you, money seems cheap. Next time you’ll bring your fiddle, you promise.
You miss the train, but there are plenty of busses. You get on one and find a seat. The person to your left is a plumber, the person to your right designs satellites, a singer stands, and begins to sing.
That seems right
ludocrats transition goals: gore, D/s, psychedelia, all caps, non-sexual nudity
the bride is _also_ goals.
Switchy hypnokink top, adjustably cogitohazardous, dorky Domme, senior engineer, loves Her own 💓. RESIST. (🔞)
The social network of the future: No ads, no corporate surveillance, ethical design, and decentralization! Own your data with Mastodon!